I know it sounds harsh but hey… For some married entrepreneur, this is 100% true.
How did it come to this point? I mean how did what seemed like such a good idea become a source of pain for my spouse?
This is a more common question than you may realize. Scores of magazines and blogs have been written about the drama married entrepreneurs face when it comes to their spouse and their “baby.”
See that’s just it. The business has become the baby and by baby I don’t mean child but rather the point of affection and joy. For many, things didn’t start off this way. In fact, your spouse may have been your greatest cheerleader and now not so much.
Here are some reasons that we’ve discovered after taking inventory of our marriage over the past 9 years.
Reasons your spouse may hate your business:
- They don’t feel included
- They have no idea as what’s the overall vision
- They completed underestimated the extra work/demand it would require
- They feel replaced in your heart by the business
- The only thing you talk about while driving home from church is business
- You failed to effectively manage their expectations and made an assumption they understood
- There are no apparent boundaries around the marriage and the business is encroaching
Review each of these carefully and ask your spouse does any of these 7 reasons fit with where they are today…
Make adjustments as needed…follow after peace!
If you want more inspiration and real strategies for marriage, marketing, and ministry, hop on over to our podcast Marriedpreneur Life for iTunes or MarriedpreneurLife.com (or you can search for us on your favorite listening platform too!)